I'm in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), a country in Africa. If you look at the bottom of the map above, I circled in yellow my location. I am right next to a town/city/village (I'm not sure how to refer to it) called Fungarume. My company has been establishing a copper & cobalt mine here called Tenke Fungarume and it just started up. I will be in Africa for 8 weeks doing setup and training for the mine labs on our labratory database. I have been here 10 days so far and it has been very interesting...fun but interesting. From communications barriers (the Congolese speak French - among other languages) to a pig crossing the mine road, it is definitely a new experience for me. Stay tuned for more of the DRC. Click here to get an idea of where in Africa the DRC is located: http://www.worldmapfinder.com/Map_Earth.php?ID=/En.
What an adventure! I hope you are well--sorry we never got to get together while we were in AZ---can't wait to see more updates about your time in Africa.
ReplyDeleteHello Annie! Wow what a great experience and experiences you are having. Have a good time and keep safe!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Vicki
Annie! That is so AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you made a blog and I can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun and take care!
ReplyDeleteANNIEEEEE!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with your crazy life and travels. I'm a little jealous of your adventures. Hope you have a great time there! You need to come visit Beth sometime and LET ME KNOW so we can have a girls night.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering about your exact location so thanks for the maps! Keep us posted about all the daily events. Everything sounds more interesting when it comes from Africa. So are you going to be able to take a Safari?
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks good Annie. It will be fun to see pictures of Africa from your blog. mom and dad are sending your new camera with someone.
ReplyDeleteannie this is so amazing...africa! we have friends here who wanted to go and see his family in ghana this summer, and the list of medical preparation was long and brutal. what an adventure. glad I found you, girlfriend! :) good luck!
ReplyDeleteAnnie! Holy COW!!! What an adventure. I am so envious. I am going to look forward to your updates on your blog. Post lots of pictures!!
ReplyDeleteMiQuel