After some tests last year which determined that my gall bladder only functioned at 30%, but was a non-clonclusive test based on statistics, I decided to live with it unless:
- more painful
- more often
This summer both criteria were met. Although it was still unknown if the problems could actually be atributed to my gall bladder, the doctor said that my symptoms suggested gall bladder. So, on Monday I had the surgery. My gall bladder ended up being scarred, which would have happened from inflammation. Great news! I think that means that the gall bladder was indeed the problem.
Now, one week later, I am feeling quite good. This is a major improvement to how I was feeling throughout the week. The great thing about othroscopic surgery is I have only 4 small incessions which hardly hurt at all (unless I over stretch or touch them). I can't say yet if the pain if gone for good, as there is some internal pain from the surgery, but I have high hopes.
What?!? I had no idea. Well, I hope that you recover quickly and fully, and that the problem is fixed for good! BTW, we need to start planning a girls weekend!
ReplyDeletethanks for the update! Hope you are feeling well, and that it stays this way!!!!! julie
ReplyDeleteI tried calling this week to see how you were. I hope it wasn't too bad and that you got some good sleep. Let me know if you need some company! Of course this means kids and all. =)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're all better now. sometimes it's good just to know what's causing the problem, so then it can be fixed. you're a trooper!
ReplyDeleteThat sucks Annie. Are you doing better now? Sometimes I would like to have all my extras removed (gall bladder, appendix, half my liver, one kidney). good weight loss plan right? :)
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well.