Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good news...

...maybe not for anyone else, but it is good news for me. Back in Africa I took some videos when I was in Lubumbashi but I couldn't get them off my camera (recall the story here). Yesterday I tracked down the software for that camera and, whala, I got the videos. (I realize whala may be spelled completely wrong but I am not the greatest speller and that's how it sounds to me.) This first video is of small kids from a school crossing the street. It was rather disorganized and oh so funny. Also the music playing in the background was authentic Congolese, we listened to that tape about 75 times during the trip.

Did you catch the little girl falling at the end? How sad :( At least she was ok.

The next video is of a parade going through downtown just as we drove up. It was a group from a church all dressed in green and white and singing. I'm not sure what they were saying, but they were very enthusiastic about it. It is kind of fuzzy, but it gives a feeling of the culture there.


1 comment:

  1. the video of the kids crossing the street is hilarious. It is a mad dash.

    ReplyDelete