Looking from the front door to the left I had a bureau, small couch and bed with a mosquito net. I used the mosquito net every night. I don't think that I mentioned this before, but I am right in the middle of malaria country. They spray here every few weeks so the mosquitoes aren't bad, but better safe then sorry. The door in the picture opened into the bathroom.

Looking straight in from the front door. From this view you can see a wall separating the kitchen/laundry room from the bedroom area.

Kitchen/laundry room. It was nice having a washer. Luckily I brought a clothes line so I could hang my clothes up to dry. Usually by morning they were not dry yet, but the cleaning people would take and iron all of the clothes that I left out drying. 
This is a picture of the bathroom, it was pretty good sized. I had no hot water for the first 4 days, which made showering a little tough.
After 2 weeks I moved into Mark and Anna's house. (Mark is running the lab here that I am doing training for and Anna is his wife. I worked with Mark at the Central Lab for several years before he moved to Africa). They went on vacation so I am house sitting as well as dog sitting, gasp, and cat sitting, double gasp. For anyone who knows me well you know what the gasps are all about. I really do not like pets! Luckily the dogs are nice so I can tolerate them and the cat is shy and stays away from me. Mostly I just have to let the dogs in and out, pet them (only the dogs) and feed them. The great thing is that I am living in a house, which is so much more comfortable then a small studio apartment. Being in a house has allowed my time here to feel more normal; I am able to vacuum, dust, iron, do laundry, etc. It sounds funny that I am glad to be able to clean, but I am. I will still be living here for another week and possibly longer if there are no apartments open when they get back from vacation.
Looking from the pantry/store room into the dining room and kitchen. To the right is the front door.
To the left of the dinning room is the living room (this is looking at the doorway between the two room). Their house is decorated with an African theme, I think it is awesome.
Looking at the living room from the dining room.To the right of the dinning room is a hallway to the bedrooms. On the left the doorways are(starting from the closest) office, guest room, master bedroom. At the end of the hallway is the toilet. On the right are the bathroom and another store room.
The bathroom. Behind the wall is the shower. There is no toilet in here, hence the toilet room at the end of the hallway.
The guest bedroom; this is where I am staying. There is no mosquito net, but no worries as long as I keep the AC running. Plus I haven't seen any mosquitoes in the house.
The mosquito net is still a weird idea to me but its better than being bit I think. That guest bed looks comfy! You must love all the room in the house cuz that studio apt looks quite small, but how nice to have your own washer. I like the African theme too, but I don't understand the idea behind carving faces out of wood. I'm glad to see that you're pretty well taken care of.
ReplyDelete