

Women (sometimes men and children, but mostly women) walk around carrying things on their head with a baby on their back. I'm not really sure why, but I am quite fascinated by this. I think it's that I like to see how they've adapted to carrying large loads without the ease of cars, wagons or carts. I often wonder how they carry these loads without hurting their necks; I think it's all in maintaining great posture. Many times they carry large tubs full of things (like the pictures) or large canvas bags of crops or charcoal but I've also seen a load of sticks, a mattress or a purse. I also think the babies are so cute in the little pouches on their moms' backs. The mom uses a piece of cloth to hold the baby that is tied in front. So far I haven't gotten a picture of the load on the head and the baby on the back, but I hope to before I leave.
They make it look sooo easy too!
ReplyDelete