Now a correction from my last blog. The sun actually rises in the east here and sets in the west, the same as the northern hemisphere. Don't think I am a complete retard, I was just misinformed when I arrived. However, now that I know the truth it has made everything clear to me. I am always able to naturally tell which way is north, however since being in Africa I was always confused. The way that I thought was north wasn't really north because the sun was rising in the west and setting in the east. Now that I know the truth I realize that the way I think is north really is north. I'm not sure if you followed that...I am sure glad that I got it all figured out three days before I leave :)
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Dimanche
...that is Sunday in French. French and Swahili are the main languages here, so I have learned a little of both. Well actually some French and a couple words of Swahili. I have spent 7 Sunday's here in the DRC and have not been able to go to church. It makes Sunday different, but I have tried to make due as best I can. Each Sunday I have my own little church; sing some hymns, read my scriptures, read a lesson from the Teachings of Joseph Smith manual, read a couple talks from last General Conference, and say a prayer. I am grateful for my "church" time because I can feel the spirit and it helps the day feel more like the Sabbath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the Annie explanation! =)
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what your Sundays were like. I think you could possibly get more out of studying like that than you might somedays at church.
BTW I think you looks alot like Beth in your picture.
I'm still loving the fact that you are in Africa. How much longer are you there for??
ReplyDeleteOk so I just read this book that is AMAZING!! It is called "West With the Night," an autobiography by Beryl Markham. She is English, but grew up in Africa. She has the most crazy experiences and has such a good way with words. I don't know if you're a reader, but this is a must!